From the time students take their first spelling test until they graduate from college, they experience the pervasive educational structure of “Teach, Test and Forget.” Educators, parents and students know this structure achieves only mediocre, temporary results – so why does it continue?
Knowledge Mastery is an assessment for learning system, based in Quality Management/Continuous Improvement that increases knowledge retention in any subject area – at all levels – such as letter recognition, sight words, spelling, vocabulary, number recognition, content facts, geographic locations, math facts and math formulas etc…
“A teaching veteran who adopted the Knowledge Mastery™ process found that when he knew exactly what the students were supposed to know and how they were progressing, he was freed up to do much deeper and fun activities. He reported that he enjoyed the year more than any other he had been teaching.”
Matt Saferite, Principal, Arkansas
- Clearly communicates knowledge learning goals
- Organizes a coherent, aligned curriculum to support the school’s learning goals
- Utilizes frequent, integrated, formative assessments that preview and review course content
- Liberates each student’s intrinsic motivation by empowering them to monitor and document their own progress
- Enables teachers and administrators to monitor and document student, class and school progress
- Allows students and teachers to generate and test hypothesis about learning
- Builds a team atmosphere as everyone works together to improve learning
- Enables students to master the knowledge necessary to make connections, think deeply and solve real world problems
- Celebrates learning
No matter what the subject area, Knowledge Mastery overcomes “Teach, Test, and Forget” and cements content knowledge efficiently and effectively to achieve “J-Curve” results.
Teachers will be able to:
- Understand their classroom as a system
- Manage with Knowledge
- Create clear learning goals through Knowledge Maps™ for the subject(s) they teach
- Align expectations for learning both vertically and horizontally
- Implement the Learning Check™ process
- Collect, monitor and utilize learning process data
- Access Web-based Tool-Kit
“The students monitor their own progress which makes them more active in their learning. It’s more motivating for them which makes my job even easier!”
Questions about Knowledge Mastery?